Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do other couples do things this way?

My husband wants to spend Thanksgiving with his ex-wife (and her husband) and their grown children


and grown grandchildren out of state. Only one of them actually lives out of state. All the rest live within five miles of us. These plans do not include me and my children.Do other couples do things this way?
No, I doubt many do this. Most of the time the kids and grand kids alternate holidays or years. What is his reasoning exactly?Do other couples do things this way?
Hello,


Your husband needs to pick his family! I cant believe he would even entertain this idea! If his ex's new husband can be present then why are you and your children being excluded? Holidays should be spent with family - first and foremost your current family. This includes current spouse and children and children (and grandchildren) of previous relationships - but not the ex's!


I dont know anyone who would find this an acceptable arrangement.


Take care %26amp; good luck
You sound like an older couple and you should have gotten wiser with age, but it seems you haven't. Your husband's preposition only shows he cares nothing about you and has you only for some type of convenience not for love.





If this takes me by surprise and its the first Thanksgiving he is suggesting to do this, I would let him go and when he gets back he would find one big empty house with just lots of turkeys running around cause I and my children will be long gone.
I wouldn't care she has a husband.


If I had plans I would expect him home


for Thanksgiving though. I wouldn't cause


a problem with this. Some exes are still


friends and he needs to see his children and


grandchildren. This may even be a first. How


many times has he missed his own children?
Ugh, this seems totally dysfunctional. You are his wife, and you should be his #1 priority. Personally, I would not be OK with this. If he were just going to be spending it with his kids, that would be one thing.
everything seems ok except for the fact that you are not included!
Sounds weird to me.
and you are his wife? nothing is wrong with the picture except that youre not included. that is a no no.... sorry..

No comments:

Post a Comment