Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Any advice on dual military couples?

Before I got married I was getting ready to go into the military, well life happened and that was haulted. My husband is an E-6 in the Army and I have been the Army wife for the past 3 years, so I know the military. We have a 2 year old daughter. I cant get being in the military out of my mind and I have been thoroughly researching dual military anywhere I can. We have talked about it and support one another. But, before I make my decision I need to hear from experienced people. Thanks to all who can help.Any advice on dual military couples?
You can go guard or reserve. Dual military isn't easy. You will have to both have a family care plan. Your chances to deploy together would be rare but it could happen. Or you might deploy right after or before he does.





My husband and I were both AD dual Army. It wasn't to bad until our son came along. I got out after our tour in Iraq.





I'm currently in the reserves while my husband is still AD. On a few weekends he has had to pull duty while I was at drill. Luckily my husband won't PCS anytime soon so I won't need to try to switch units. It is doable but can add stress sometimes.Any advice on dual military couples?
since you have a child your only option is Reserves or Guard since your Spouse is AD.

No comments:

Post a Comment