Friday, July 30, 2010

What words of wisdom would you give to engaged couples?

Was at a bridal shower and a book was passed around asking for words of wisdom from all the women there. What words of wisdon can both men %26amp; women give to our soon-to-be-wed couples?What words of wisdom would you give to engaged couples?
Love is like a garden. You must remember to tend to it daily and weed out all that seeks to smother it. With enough sunshine and with some rain too, its roots will take strong hold and survive throughout the seasons.What words of wisdom would you give to engaged couples?
Obviously love! Communication, communication, communication!!! Respect ,patience and understanding. Never ,ever, go to bed mad!
Stay in the church respect each other and never keep any secrets. communicate.
The things you did to win the heart, keep doing to keep the heart.
I think the best advice I ever recieved was from my sister. She told me to not call my mother every time my husband and I had problems or arguments... it will only make things escalate. I didnt understand what she meant at first, so she went on and explained it like this.. Say you have and argument and you give details about the ';he said'; and ';she said'; etc... well, you are telling this to the person who gave birth to you, who loves you unconditionally, who always will and who feels that it is their right to protect you and nurture you no matter how old you are... so when your parent hears the ugly or hateful things that are said in the heat of an argument, things that were said to their child, they will hold a resentment there, as a couple we can argue and then move on, when someone hurts your child you dont forget or forgive very easily. So in short, dont take your problems to your parents, you dont want them harboring unkind thoughts about your spouse. Keep the peace and keep it to yourself. It has worked like a charm for me almost 5 years now.. peace.
Talk about everything, have no secrets.
Communication is 30% talking and 70% listening and understanding.
Wait a year, or preferably two before you have children!
Divorce is not an option. Do not get married until you are 30 years old. You are both on the same team. You want what is best for each other. Communicate, communicate, communicate.
Never go to bed angry.


Be approachable from all sides - no secrets!


Have a special place in your house in which to put flowers to signify your love for one another (if you fight, put some flowers there to signify you want to make up - or just put some there to say I love you)


Don't forget to say I love you at least once a day.


TATOO YOUR ANNIVERSARY ON YOUR HAND SO THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!!!
building blocks of marriage start now. honor each other with your time and talk about it all
I would say always put your MARRIAGE first. It's no longer just about you and just about him. It's about each other. And sometimes doing what's best for your marriage doesn't always seem fair. But as long as you do what's best for your marriage, nobody has the right to be upset when they don't get their way. Have TONS of other advice for you, but let's just keep it simple for now and stick with that!
I would say ,,,Treat each other as you want to be treated at all times and to keep the lines of communication going strong,,,Ask each other questions often and always tell each other to say '; I love you especially when You don't want to..


GOOD LUCK and Best wishes !


You probably heard this toast,,but it goes...MAY ALL YOUR UPS AND DOWNS BE BETWEEN THE SHEETS!!!
JUST LOVE EACH OTHER ALL YOU CAN..
Tell them to learn how to ';pick their battles';





It is tempting for married couple to fight for and over everything...but the reality is couples who realize which battles are worth fighting have a happier marriage.
Talk TO each other, not AT each other. Keep the lines of communication open, ALWAYS. No one person is better than the other.
From what I've learned in my 20 year marriage......


Communication is the most important part


of a relationship in marriage.


The beginning is full of physical and emotional feelings.


Eventually, you come up for air and have other things in your


life to deal with...bills, home, in laws, work, having children...and if you can't communicate your feelings, and tell each other what you're happy with and what you are not happy with about each other, eventually the silence is what ends what was once a wonderful beginning.


Having your partner as a lover AND a best friend is the best marriage of all.


I never had that. We thought that being physical meant we had a great relationship. But, if at the end of the day, you can't sit down and communicate, what else is left?


It was silence for my marriage.


I died a little everyday.


And the end result was my divorce, something I never thought I would be~~A divorced woman.


So.......


these are my words of wisdom to the soon~to~be~wed~couples.


I hope I helped...cause I am now late for a date!!!!!!
Okay, I know I will get some thumbs down for this one, but here it goes anyway..





We'd like to think that all marriages last forever, but sadly statistics prove otherwise. We are not mind readers and do not know what the future holds..with that being said, I will tell you to plan for the future and always have a backup plan. Have a separate bank account from the hubby. It's not about trust and secretcy, it's about your security if god forbid something goes wrong. I know plenty of women who think everythings all fine and dandy when they get married, and then some sh*t hits the fan and they can't leave bc they are not financially able to. You do not want to depend on your man for everything and feel that you have to stay with him bc you didn't save your own money.





Trust me, men do it to, (well if they are smart they do..) they have separate savings. It's always good to keep your stash separate (as well as one together).





If you are smart then a safe deposit box is even better than a separate bank account as it (the bank account) can still become part of divorce settlement. You need to hide money where it can't be found by your partner or their lawyer.Good luck I hope your marriage won't come to this.
  • beauty tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment