Friday, July 30, 2010

Is it advisable for couples to split bank accounts?

reading this q, i cannot help but remember this story where this wife tells a friend that her husbands money is theirs but her money is all hers.





so with that in mind, couples should have a joint bank account


%26amp; wives should have a bank account of her own.





the husbands can just later on ask for money from their wives if they need more than their usual budget money. lol.Is it advisable for couples to split bank accounts?
My partner and I have our own separate accounts, as well as a joint account.Is it advisable for couples to split bank accounts?
As a guy I think the answer is no. It's best just to give everything to the wife. Send the paycheck to her account directly. It cuts down on so much drama and problems and really eliminates the whole issue of money. I mean even if she does decide to leave you it's like winning the lottery because you get back your pay checks that won't be going to her anymore. I guess worst case scenario you get half of everything she was use to.





Best thing is that if she is a greedy woman who will leave you for your money--then this is the best way to get rid of her and on with your life.
zzz... if you eat banana split then you should split your bank account. hmmm... beer... zzz...
Yes, it is highly advisable.





A good strategic financial plan is necessary to prevent financial breakdown.





Smart money decisions will help everyone in the family for unexpected tragedy or any kind of emergency.





Long term goals will cover the cost for everyone.





The financial manager of the family must be in control.


If couples agree and have understanding and working toward the same goal, life will be easy.
Definitely.. You could have a joint one provided that you have a separate bank account.. Although you are married, it is convenient just to spend something without explaining yourself... It helps the relationship too unless the other one is not responsible enough to have his or her own account
I'm too young to answer your question... but I think so... in case of unexpected and unwanted tragedies (you know what I mean), you still have your own privacy and none of you could touch each others' bank accounts, in case!
Always have your own, as well as a joint account.
In most arrangements, social or business, it is always best not to put all your coconuts in one basket.





If one bank account gets busted (Bank folds), there is still another one to hold up the marriage/ business venture.
i think there should be yours, mine and ours --- as far as checking account is concerned. savings account, however, should be joint. this arrangement is easier for all concerned and gives the individuals greater freedom to manage their day-to-day finances. long-term fiscal responsibility should, however, be shared.
in my experience yes, explaining why ,where,when to withdraw the money is a real hassle. eversince we opened separate acct things become lighter for both of us.i dont use supplementary creditcard either i have mine in my name but he do all the payment lols..btw im a stayhome mom ;)
Yes. I'm for different accounts for each of them. While we're at it, a pre-nup would be the best, along with the separate bank accounts. (Before, I always handed every cent I earned to my wife, even cash gifts from my parents and relatives as this was ';supposedly'; the right thing to do. When she left, the only thing I had was my kid. I started from scratch again.)





I'm not saying every woman will leave you whenever they please when they have control of the cash. I'm just saying it's better safe than sorry. Having different bank accounts is the safe route, in my opinion.
Get a joint and separate account. Your hubby could be irresponsible with money.
  • beauty tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment