Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you think it's cool or geeky to see wedding couples have taken dance lessons for their first dance?

I loved it. My brother did this with his wife. The whole family was floored at how well they danced! It was so fantastic to watch. I think it was well worth it!


Best wishes to you!Do you think it's cool or geeky to see wedding couples have taken dance lessons for their first dance?
I think it looks just too contrived and fake.


If all they can do is sway and step - that's just fine!!!Do you think it's cool or geeky to see wedding couples have taken dance lessons for their first dance?
I think its great as long as its not over the top.





we are going to take a dance class, I want something more than us just doing the boring hold on to eachother and go in circle/sway thing. BORING





I know we wont be anywhere near professional dancers but we will be able to dance our first dance with a little style.
I think that they can be cool! Go to youtube and search for first dances! There are some pretty cool choregraphed first dances!!!
I think it is a great idea! It even looks spectacular if the whole bridal party has taken them as well...





We've been married 6 years %26amp; I still can't get mine to take lessons :(
I would do it, everyone is looking at you so if it makes a better looking couple why not. So it's cool.
I think it's a sign that the couple has decided together that they need to do something and worked together on a solution.





It's really pretty icky to go to a wedding and see the couple stumbling all over each other on their first dance. If a few dance lessons can prevent that, I'm all for it.
I am taking dance lessons - though we started learning to dance just before we got engaged - which was one year before the wedding - so we had plenty of time to practice. I think it can look awesome if people practice enough. It's only if they really don't know what they are doing that it can look kind of 'geeky'!
Dorky.
A practiced first dance is more fun to watch if lessons were taken. But it has to be natural.





I went to one where the bride was so mad because the groom was not doing the right steps. THAT looked bad.





So, take lessons and wow the guests!





Good luck! and congrats on your wedding.
Anything too choreographed looks geeky. But, I have seen couples who took lessons on how to dance in general, and it made their 1st dance great. Like, a couple who learned a basic waltz and then picked a song with that beat.


It looks very natural that way, not over-done.
i hope not cuz i plan on doing it! i don't want a choreographed dance or anything but i want him to feel comfortable and know how to move to different styles of music.
My fiance did ballroom dancing in college competitively. So, if we don't do something choreographed, people will think it is weird!





I think it just depends on the couple and their personality. To each his or her own!





Besides, my fiance is a geek:) That is one of the things I love about him.





Edit: It also depends on the dancing skill of the person. If a person is counting the steps or looking down, it is not well choreographed or the person doesn't have natural skill. If people have dance lessons and are good, it looks smooth.
If something is choreographed it looks to stiff. you can sometimes see the groom counting out the beats or looking at the floor. I think its better when they just come onto the floor and have a good time. maybe laugh if they mess up. it looks better and you can tell that they are having a good time
My fiance and I just started lessons. We go twice a week and our wedding is 18 months away! So, we're hoping that we will be naturals by then and it won't look too rehearsed.
I think it is great!!!! I would rather look like a good dancer than a total fool on the dance floor... so do whatever it takes!
they enjoy their dance if they dance nice, that's what really matters

No comments:

Post a Comment