Friday, November 25, 2011

Any couples out there that choose NOT to celebrate Valentines Day?

Just wondering.Any couples out there that choose NOT to celebrate Valentines Day?
I show my husband every day that I love him, not just on Valentine's day.


Besides that: Valentine's day has gotten way to commercial to be fun anymore.Any couples out there that choose NOT to celebrate Valentines Day?
I agree with November, above. I've been married for a while, and we don't usually bother.
Well, we don't feel pressured to celebrate it...





History of the day aside, I like for my husband and I to acknowledge it because it's so easy to take each other for granted. It's just an appointed time for us to do what we really should be better at doing on an ongoing basis.





But I believe that we have NOT celebrated it before. Maybe exchanged cards, but that's it. And maybe I gave one, but didn't get one! *lol* No pressure! :0)
Yes, me and my husband. We celebrated it up until we got married and now feel that it's for single couples or boyfriend/girlfriends. Traditionally it wasn't ever for married couples.
We celebrate it but this year we cant celebrate untill Feb 16 due to him working nights and me taking night classes.
We used to celebrate Valentine's Day when we first started dating but, after 3 years we stopped (we've been together 8). We both agree that we don't need a special day to appreciate eachother because we are so happy everyday.





We are able to spend a lot of time together. I do think that for couples that don't get to spend a lot of time together it's a good excuse to set aside some time to do something special for the eachother.





We don't decide specifically NOT to get anything for eachother or do anything special but, if we don't we don't think twice about it. I never was the type of girl who needed presents, flowers, and candy. It's kinda overplayed.
We don't really celebrate as it's so close to our anniversary. I always make a nice meal at home and have a good bottle of wine. You can still make it a romantic evening. Plus it saves on going out and having to wait forever to be seated and served. We do exchange cards though.
for me and my husband every day is a valentine's day, why not ?


it's a pleasure for each other...
not me,i celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment